EMQ is a trusted and safe alternative for international money transfers. EMQ enables lower costs over traditional remittances. EMQ is committed to our customers security, providing convenient, competitively priced services and transparency at every step, for every transfer. EMQ is based in Hong Kong, with branch offices in Taiwan and China.
As a backend developer at EMQ, you'll help build our core system, system APIs, and related applications. You'll work with a small team of great engineers, own areas of the code, and use whatever tools and languages are best for the task at hand.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years in software, ideally for startups or consulting
- Portfolio of sample code or side projects, ideally open source
- Familiar with multiple programming languages and stacks
- Solid understanding of database design, security, and concurrency. Advantages if you are familiar with PostgreSQL database design and development
- Experience with Erlang and Python a bonus, but not required
- Willing to undertake a paid trial project
As a frontend web developer at EMQ you will work on both customer-facing portals and internal tools for our flexible remittance services. You'll work with teams across the company from backend, core product and app development to compliance and operations, and be involved from design to rollout. This position has a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Familiar with a range of web languages, frameworks, and tools
- Comfortable with requirements analysis and business process design
- Willing to undertake a paid trial project
You should have at least five years of professional software development experience. You should also be;
- Manage, optimize and execute foreign exchange trades including FX market analysis, pricing, negotiation, and risk monitoring.
- Establish performance benchmarks and reporting on P&L impact.
- Provides cash flow projections and ensures adequate projected liquidity for all company bank accounts.
- Executes, monitors and ensures all wire disbursements and other funds movement are completed and accurately within the appropriate time protocol.
- Review Treasury processes and implement best practices to drive process improvement.
- Recommends improvements to current cash processes and management reporting.
- Participate in the technical and operational implementation of our Treasury Management System and other related systems projects.
- Helping with additional duties as it relates to treasury.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics (MBA a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience in treasury/cash management.
- A self-starter with excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet expected deadlines.
- Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
- Team player and adaptable to changing environment, with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
EMQ is building a mobile financial settlement network throughout Asia, partnering with local banks in each country to enable and settle cross-border remittance. We have built our entire platform to fit within the compliance/regulatory framework in each of the countries that we enter. EMQ is working with some of the world’s largest mobile companies, is backed top tier VCs and investors, and is led by a highly experienced executive team from banking, technology and consumer-facing industries.
- Business development to enable and develop cross-border transaction business
- - Build out the Asia Pacific network: work with banks, third-party payment companies, regulatory bodies
- - Develop business along the Asia Pacific corridor: mobile apps and companies with cross-border transactional needs
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with potential partners
- Growing operations by identifying new business and generating new opportunities
- Coordinate business, legal, engineering, and resource requirements
- Reports directly to EMQ’s CEO
- Position to be based in Taiwan, and requires travel
- Minimum 7+ years of Business Development experience with a strong focus on sales and strategic planning
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to be hands-on, ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong ability to set clear measurable objectives, delegate responsibilities, assess, recognize, and reward performance
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience in managing complex projects and teams.
- Experience in Fintech or Payments optimal, but not necessary
- Needs to be able to work with and manage an existing team.
- Needs to be able work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Looking for a proactive person with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- English proficiency skills required.
- High attention to detail, self-motivated, self-starter
- Travel to other geographies as required.
We currently have no open positions in our Hong Kong office but are always interested in hearing from new talent.