Having questions about the EMQ SEND App?
Or simply select the topic to find the support you need.
What type of support do you offer?
We currently offer support via:
What are your support hours?
7 Days a Week from 9:00am to 6:00pm (including National Holidays)
Which countries do you support remittance service?
Remittance from Hong Kong:
How does EMQ SEND work?
Through our partnership with major banks in Hong Kong
and our supported countries, we are able to deliver
payments to your recipients in real time as soon as your
payment is deposited.
Through the EMQ SEND App, you can place a transfer order by selecting a destination country, the amount you want to transfer, your pay-in method, the recipient’s information, and your preferred delivery method.
Once your payment is received and verified through our system, we will place a transfer order from reserves held in the recipient country to complete the payment domestically, ensuring your hard-earned money is delivered in the most secure and efficient manner.
Why should I use EMQ SEND App?
With our cost-reducing practices, we are able to provide you with the most cost-efficient money transfer service at a fraction of the cost of banks and other remittance providers. EMQ only charges you, and never your recipient, a one-time fee for each transfer. In addition, we offer you the most competitive exchange rates to ensure that your friends and family get the most value for your hard-earned money. Furthermore, with the support of our partner banks, our development team is fully dedicated to providing the fastest, most secure and transparent service, so that you can rest easy in knowing your money will arrive in its full value, each and every time.
How will you contact me?
If you are a user of the EMQ SEND App, EMQ may contact
you through an in-App push notification
or through SMS to the mobile phone number registered
with your EMQ account.
If you are the recipient of a money transfer, EMQ may send SMS messages to your mobile phone number provided by the sender.
What versions of Android do you support?
We support versions 4.1 and above.
Download the EMQ SEND App on the Google Play Store
How do I create an EMQ SEND account?
Follow these 4 steps to create your EMQ SEND account:
- Tap “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” on the EMQ SEND App opening screen,
- Enter your active cell phone number, be sure to include the country calling code
- Create a password by entering a 6 digits numerical code, then confirm by reentering it in the space below
- Enter the verification code which will be sent to your registered mobile phone number to complete the account creation
Next, continue on to account verification before completing the registration process.
Why haven’t I received my registration code?
Please allow up to 5 minutes for the registration code
to arrive and try not to tap the “RESEND CODE” button
during that time.
If your code has not arrived after requesting a “RESEND CODE”, contact our live in-App chat support.
How do I get my account verified?
After creating an account with the EMQ SEND App, follow these 4 steps to verify your account:
- Enter your residential address in Hong Kong
- Select your nationality
- Provide or take a photo of yourself holding a photo ID with your face fully visible
- Provide or take a photo of your Hong Kong ID
Upon completion of the above 4 steps, we will send notification once your personal information has been reviewed and approved. You can tap the “TRANSFER MONEY NOW” to start requesting a transfer.
How long does EMQ take to verify my account?
Your account verification will take up to 10 minutes. Our team personally examines each account individually to ensure the security of our customers and to maintain compliance with Hong Kong regulations.
Why does EMQ need my Hong Kong Residency Card?
As per Hong Kong AML and CTF regulations, we must verify the identity and establish legal residency of each of our users.
Why does EMQ need my phone number?
We use your phone number for the registration process and to verify your identity for security purposes.
Can I have multiple EMQ SEND accounts?
No. Each user can create only one EMQ SEND account but you do multiple transactions through your registered account.
How do I reset my password?
Follow these 4 steps to reset your password:
- Go to the “ Account” page where you can access from the EMQ SEND App Menu
- Select “Security” to view your security setting
- Click “Change Password”
- Fill out and create a new password
How do I change my user name?
You won’t be able to change your username. Your username must be the same as your ID name for security purposes.
How do I update my personal information?
To make changes to your “Nationality” and “HK Residential:
- Go to the “ Account” page where you can access from the EMQ SEND App Menu
- Select “Identities” to view your profile
- Click the “pencil icon ” to edit your information
How do I view my current and past transaction history?
Go to the “ Transactions” page where you can access from the Menu to view all your transactions whether it’s completed, canceled, and pending. You can tap on a specific transaction to view its details.
How can I delete my EMQ SEND account and ensure that it is completely deleted from the EMQ database?
EMQ will close account upon the customer’s request, however, we need to keep historical records in compliance with government regulations.
How do I make a transfer request?
Follow these 6 steps to make a money transfer to a new or existing recipient in the EMQ SEND App:
- Go to the “Send Money” page by opening the Menu found on the top left of your screen and tap “SEND MONEY”
- Tap on the “flag icon” at the top of the page to access the “Methods of transfer” page to choose the recipient country. Select the pay-in and pay-out options, and you are able to check the rate. Click “NEXT” to continue
- After confirming your recipient country and payment methods, enter the amount in HKD you wish to transfer and click “SEND MONEY" to continue
- Add or select a recipient along with your preferred pay-out method
- Select the most appropriate “Purpose of Transaction” from the scroll down options, then tap “NEXT” to continue
- On the “Confirmation” page, verify the information you provided is correct before tapping “SUBMIT” to complete you transfer request
* Note: A transaction fee (pending on the countries) is included in the amount you send.
How long does it take to transfer money?
Typically 1 to 2 business days after customers pay in.
* Note: Depends on the payout method and country, E-wallet is usually within 5 minutes. Bank remittance is usually 1 to 2 business days after customer pay in.
How much does EMQ charge?
EMQ converts your international transfer into two local transfers to save you all the interbank exchange fees. You will be charged only once for the entire money transfer process.
How do I add a recipient?
Follow these 5 steps to add a recipient to your EMQ SEND account:
- Access to the “ Recipients” page, which can be found during the “Send Money” Process or in the EMQ SEND App Menu
- Tap the ” ” icon on the top right corner to add a recipient
- Select the recipient’s country
- Fill out the “Add a Recipient” form, be sure to verify that the information is correct, then tap “+ Pay-Out Option”
- Select a pay-out method and fill in the applicable information. Be sure to verify that the information you provided is correct
Can I add multiple pay-out methods to a recipient?
Yes, you can add multiple pay-out methods to a recipient by simply tapping “+ Pay-Out Option” in your recipient’s profile page.
Does my recipient have to pay any fees?
No, your recipient will not be charged any fees when you send money.
What are your exchange rates?
Our exchange rates are refreshed daily. We select the
most competitive rates to provide you the most value out
of every transaction.
You can check our daily rates in the EMQ SEND App.
Why do you need to know my transfer purpose and the source of funding?
As per Hong Kong AML and CTF regulations, we are required to inquire about the nature of each transfer.
Why is there a limit to how much I can send?
As per Hong Kong AML and CTF regulations, we are required to set a daily limit for the total amount sent by a user, and the amount sent in each transfer in order to seek additional verification and information before we can process the transactions.
Can I increase my sending limit?
You cannot increase limit per transaction, only increase allowance for cumulative limit
- Document regarding your source of funding or
- Proof of Salary
For monthly cumulative amount above and equal to HKD8,000, customer has to provide the following supporting documents for validation:
How can I track my money transfer?
You can track the progress of your transaction in the “Transactions” page or in the “History” tab of your recipient’s profile page in your EMQ SEND App.
What delivery options are available in the Philippines?
Your recipients can receive money through:
What delivery options are available in Indonesia?
Your recipients can receive money through:
Do I need a bank account in Hong Kong to use the EMQ SEND App?
No, you do not need a Hong Kong bank account to use our
service. To use the JET Payment pay-in method, however,
you will need an ATM card with JETCO compatibility.
* Note: Check your ATM card for the JETCO logo to see if your card supports JET Payment.
Can I make a pay-in deposit to EMQ from my bank account in Hong Kong?
All pay-in deposits must be made through JETCO supported ATMs.
How do I make a JET Payment?
Follow these steps:
- Go to a JETCO ATM
- Insert your ATM card with JETCO compatibility
- Follow the ATM instruction and enter the Jet Payment information displaying on “Transactions” page in your EMQ SEND App
Do I have to pay in exact amount?
Yes, you need to pay in the exact transfer amount.
Where are the cash pickup locations?
How will I know I can pick-up a payment?
We will send an SMS message to the recipient phone number listed by the sender notifying you when a payment is available for cash pick-up.
How will I know a payment has been made to my bank account?
We will send an SMS message to the recipient phone number listed by the sender notifying you when a payment has been made to your bank account.
How will I know my recipient has received the payment?
We will send you an in-App notification to let you know that the payment has been transferred to the recipient’s bank account and is available for pick-up at the cash pick-up location.
What do I need to make a cash pick-up?
You will need to be present at the cash pick-up location ; you will also need to present your photo ID with a name exactly matching the one provided by the sender. EMQ will send an SMS message containing the money order code.
What do I need to receive a cash delivery?
You will need to be present at the cash delivery location during delivery ; you will also need to present your photo ID with a name matching the one provided by the sender. EMQ will send an SMS message containing the money order code.
What do I need to receive a bank transfer?
You will need access to the bank account to which the money has been transferred to.
Do I need to have an EMQ SEND account to receive a payment?
No, you do not need to have an account registered with EMQ SEND to receive a payment from a sender. We will contact you with the number provided by the sender to notify you that a payment has been made to you.
Why haven’t I received a payment?
Please allow at least 3 business days for processing after the pay-in deposit has been made for the receipt of your payment. Check with the sender to make sure the transaction has not been cancelled. If you believe a mistake has been made, please contact our in-App chat support.
What promotions do you have available?
How do I enter a promo code?
To enter a promo code:
- Access the “ Promotions” page found in the EMQ SEND App Menu
- Enter your promo code and tap "SEND" to redeem
* Note: The promo code is case sensitive. Make sure you enter the code in the exact format.
What are the terms for using your service?
Please refer to the Terms of Customer Agreement which is located here .
Is EMQ AML and CTF compliant?
As a company, we pride ourselves on the integrity and transparency of our business. For this reason, EMQ relies on comprehensive and thorough KYC (Know-Your-Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) policies. Furthermore, EMQ holds an approved Money Services Operator license issued by the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department (License No. 14-09-01486).
Is EMQ SEND safe?
Working with established bank partners and complying
with the government regulations in each countries we
operate in, EMQ is a trusted and safe alternative to
transfer money internationally.
We take your EMQ Send account safety very seriously and have specially designed two-factor authentication, biometric entry, end-to-end encryption, and zero financial data stored on your device, all to keep you protected.
[Two Factor Authentication / Multi-Factor Authentication]: Two-factor authentication safeguards your account by requesting two pieces of information when you log in to EMQ Send — (1) your phone number and password (2) the six-digit verification code that's sent to your mobile device through SMS with the phone number registered to your EMQ Send account.
[End-to-End encryption]: All your data to and from your EMQ Send account on your device, to our secure servers, is completely encrypted and unreadable.
[Data storage]: EMQ Send does not keep any transaction data in your device. For this reason, you may notice that if you are not online, your device will not show any of your EMQ Send information you normally see when you log on and have an active internet connection.
Where is my personal information stored?
We store your information in a secure server managed by EMQ. Additionally, all communication is encrypted to and from the App.
Who has access to my personal information?
Only delegated and limited staff are authorized to access personal information in order to complete transaction.
Do you keep a record of my transactions?
We maintain a record of every transaction for up to seven years.